Fire warden training
Fire Warden training will provide delegates with a greater awareness and understanding of the threat posed by fire, their personal responsibility in preventing an outbreak and the action to be taken should a fire occur.
Fire wardens can act as the eyes and ears of the person appointed to manage fire safety in the premises by constantly being alert to the hazards and associated risks of fire in their workplace and reporting any problems before they are allowed to develop. This presentation has been developed specifically to ensure fire wardens are equipped to recognise the principal potential fire risks in the workplace and the actions to take in the event of a fire.
Although the role of the fire warden may differ from organisation to organisation, there are a number of key activities and actions that generally make up their responsibilities. This course aims to outline what they are likely to be.
Course Content and Objectives
- How fire starts and spreads
- Spotting hazards and protecting against fire
- Fire warden roles and responsibilities
- Recognise the fire control measures within your workplace
- How to select and use a fire extinguisher
- What to do in the event of a fire
- When and how to safely evacuate your building
- Practical hands on training in fire extinguishers (Optional)
On successful completion of the course, delegates will receive a certificate of achievement.
Approx. 2.5 hours
Cost £50 per person (min six per course)
For more information about our courses, or to make a booking please contact us:
- Telephone: +44 (0) 77900 705362
- Email: ARFFStraining@ports.je