Q. Can I take baby milk or baby food through security?
A. You can carry enough baby milk or baby food for the duration of your flight in your hand luggage, but you should check the rest into your checked-in baggage.
Expressed breast milk can be taken in unlimited quantities, as long as it's in individual containers no larger than two litres per container. The milk cannot be frozen, but cooling gel packs or ice packs can be used to keep it cool;
You can carry expressed breast milk, even if your child isn't flying with you;
You can also carry as much baby food in liquid, gel or paste form as is required for your trip. This amount can be over the usual 100ml limit;
Please note milk/baby food prepared specifically for the child will be subject to additional screening.
Q. Can I take baby formula powder through security search?
A. There are no restrictions on taking baby formula in powder form through security.
Q. Is there a child friendly way through security search?
A. We have a designated 'fast track' lane in security for families. Please ask one of our security agents at boarding card desk and they will direct you accordingly.
Q. Can I take pushchairs through security search?
A. If you are departing, you can take your pushchair as far as your departure gate, where gate staff will collect it from you and store it in the hold on your behalf. If you do not require your pushchair at the Airport, please check it in at the check-in desks and it will be taken to our 'oversized' baggage belt and loaded into the aircraft hold.
Q. Are there any baby changing facilities at Jersey Airport?
A. Yes. These are located in our Departures Terminal both prior to and post the central security search area. There are also baby changing facilities in our Arrivals Terminal.
Q. Is there anywhere at Jersey Airport I can warm my baby's bottle?
A. Yes. You can warm baby bottles in any of the food outlets, both prior to and post the central security search area.
Hints and Tips
- Remember to leave plenty of time to get to the Airport and to get through security;
- Pack a bag for your little one with a few of their favourite toys, colouring books and crayons, but don't forget if you have any electronic devices they will need to be removed from the bag prior to being screened;
- Distribute essential items between bags in case the one with all the important baby items goes missing;
- Most airlines will load children first, but it's not always best to be first on board. Therefore, if you have a preference, please advise the gate staff accordingly;
- Sterilised water in a metallic container will be tested using LETK's (liquid explosive test kits) and a sterile swab will be used to take a sample with permission and under your observation;
- Even little ones are selected at random by the AWTMD's (Advance Walk Through Metal Detector) and that an ETD (Explosive Trace Detector) will occur. A parent/guardian's permission will be sought and their observation of the search process will be required.
If you have any further questions or a suggestion/idea to enhance the journey experience through Jersey Airport, please email firstname.lastname@example.org