Preparing for travel
We aim to make your journey as smooth and as comfortable as possible. Here are a few things to consider before you leave home.
- Where possible, check in online and print your boarding pass before you arrive at the airport or download your airline’s app and have the boarding pass on your phone.
- Remember to bring your identification with you – normally a passport or driving licence is acceptable. It is best to check with your airline to see what they need.
- Check the hand luggage and baggage allowance for your flight to avoid any potentially costly excess luggage fees.
- Listen out for travel announcements on the local radio for any roadworks or incidents that might affect your journey to the airport.
- Allow sufficient time to check-in and pass through security search as queues can quickly form, especially during peak travel periods.
Information on what you can and cannot take on your flight with you
Ensure you check your flight time and check-in time requirements with your airline, as these can vary depending on the airline or if your flight is scheduled or chartered.
You can carry enough baby milk or baby food for the duration of your flight in your hand luggage. It will be subject to additional screening. You can take unlimited amounts of baby formula in powder form through security.
Find out how to get to and from the airport and where to park.
You are permitted to carry liquids, gels and pastes to a maximum of 100mls / 100gms per item. Allow plenty of time to travel through security.
For peace of mind, we advise you to plan your travel carefully and always book help at least 48 hours prior to travelling. This page contains all the information you need should you require special assistance at Jersey Airport.