We’re excited to welcome you to Jersey Airport again.
From Monday 7 February 2022, all requirements under the Safer Travel Policy were suspended. For passengers that means:
- no need to complete pre-travel registration
- no need to undergo testing or isolate upon arrival
For the most up to date travel advice from the Government of Jersey, refer to the latest Government of Jersey updates.
Wearing of face masks and exemption cards
The wearing of face masks is no longer compulsory for anyone accessing our terminals, including staff. However, some airlines may still require anyone over the age of 6-years to wear masks once onboard and failure to do so without proven reason could result in the airline refusing you to travel.
Therefore, we recommend you contact your airline before travelling to the airport to verify its policy on the wearing of face masks
Passengers who have a valid medical certificate can collect a free ‘exempt from wearing face mask’ identification card for use onboard the aircraft, which is available to collect from the Customer Relations Desk in the Departures’ Terminal at Jersey Airport. However, a valid medical certificate must be presented at the time before a pass can be given.
Should you have any questions or concerns, contact the Help Desk by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (freephone) 0800 735 5566
Some helpful tips
Wherever possible, please check-in for your flight online and print your boarding pass before travelling to the airport. If this isn’t possible you can arrange to do this when you arrive at the airport
If you require special assistance at the airport or onboard your flight, you must contact your airline at least 48 hours before you travel to ensure services are available to you. These services are provided to you by the airline’s appointed ground agent and not the airport.
Please allow sufficient time for your journey through the airport. Failure to arrive at your boarding gate on time could result in the airline refusing you to travel.
Safety and wellbeing
The safety and wellbeing of our staff, business partners and airport users remains a priority for Ports of Jersey. We continue to follow the guidelines provided by Government of Jersey’s Health Department relating to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We have developed a range of procedures and guidance at Jersey Airport to support the continuing health and safety of customers and staff. These have been developed based on advice from across the industry and are in line with what is being implemented by other airports, airlines and ferry operators.
Free parking for up to 30-minutes is available in the main car park opposite the Departures’ Terminal. Usual tariffs apply for the car park in front of Arrivals’ Terminal.
General advice for Jersey Airport travellers
- If you have a query or question relating to your air travel plans, contact the airline directly for assistance.
- Retail and catering outlets remain open, although these opening hours may be limited.
- The Executive Lounge is open.
- Although no longer compulsory, we recommend you wear a face covering when entering the building.
- We recommend you maintain physical distancing in the terminals, wherever possible. Please allow sufficient time prior to your flight departure to access security.
- Hand sanitisers are available throughout the terminals and hand baggage trays in security and all ‘frequent contact’ services are cleaned regularly
- Passengers must remain in the airside departures lounge and not move through the passenger pier to the departure gate until their flight is called or displayed on the screen.
- If you are concerned about Coronavirus measures at your destination, please refer to the advice on the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.
- It’s important to remind travellers that, as an airport, we are not experts in health management or virus control and therefore, rely on the expertise provided by the Government of Jersey and public health bodies, implementing processes and procedures based on their advice. We thank you for your continued understanding and patience.
Queries relating to your travel plans/medical testing
Should you have any specific questions relating to your future travel plans or if your flight has been affected you must contact your airline directly and not Jersey Airport/Ports of Jersey. This can often be done online via the airline’s website under ‘Manage my Booking’ or by telephoning the relevant customer services departments. Please ensure you have your reservation number available. Airline call centres experience large volumes of calls, so your patience is appreciated. Contact details as follows:
British Airways: 0844 493 0787
Blue Islands: 0203 744 3869
easyJet: 0330 365 5000
Flydirect: 01534 496677
Should you have a query or question relating to the medical testing process, including results, please contact the medical testing helpline on telephone (freephone) 0800 735 5566 or email email@example.com. Jersey Airport/Ports of Jersey or your airline does not hold this data so are unfortunately no able to assist.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. #travelsafeJersey