Preparing for the February Half-Term Getaway
From Jersey Airport
16th February 2022
The February half term getaway will see nearly 14,000 passengers travelling in and out of Jersey Airport between Thursday 17 and Monday 21 February 2022.
With large volumes of passengers, especially families, expected over the coming days, Ports of Jersey has issued some travel tips to help make your journey a smooth one:
- Air passengers should be aware of what time their flight gate closes and ensure that they allow more time than usual for checking in and clearing security.
- Unless exempt, the wearing of face masks remains mandatory whilst onboard. Failure to wear one could result in you being refused travel.
- Whilst not mandatory, you are strongly advised to wear a face mask whilst in the terminal and maintain social distancing wherever possible.
- Anyone requiring special assistance must notify their airline at least 48-hours before travel
- Anyone with onward connections further afield from the UK should verify any entry requirements at their final destination, prior to checking in at Jersey Airport.
Work has now finished on enlarging the central security search area at Jersey Airport, giving passengers more space to prepare for the security process.
Head of Security & Passengers Services for Ports of Jersey, Maria Le Tiec, explains, “It’s great to see so many people travelling through the airport over the coming days. We realise that for many it’ll be their first time they’ve travelled since the start of the pandemic. To help make their journey through departures as stress-free as possible, we would encourage them to be prepared for it to be busier than normal. In particular, we ask for people to be prepared for security search, such as knowing what they can and cannot take in their hand luggage.
“As always, our priority is to work hard to ensure that our passengers Half-Term breaks get off to a smooth and stressless start.”