Corporate Social Responsibility
Our island, our ports, our responsibility
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) plays an important role in many aspects of our activities. We go beyond providing the lifeline services of moving people and freight in and out of Jersey. As a major Channel Island business, we hold a prominent position in our community and are committed to making a positive difference in Island life.
Our CSR journey
In 2015, we designed our CSR programme in consultation with our people. The main areas of emphasis were :
- community and social
- employee health and wellbeing
Community and social
We are a business that takes an interest in the wider social issues here on the Island. Our CSR programme has come a long way since we started it in 2015. It allows us to make a further positive impact within our community, while empowering and encouraging our own staff.
We have a wide range of initiatives, demonstrating our commitment and support to our community. These initiatives include
- broadening the horizons of young islanders with educational visits
- encouraging our staff to get involved with local events and community initiatives
- sponsorship of events across the island, both financially and in kind
- working alongside local charities, particularly our chosen charity partners, to provide services to Jersey residents at times when they most need them.
We recognise that we have an important role in promoting a positive environmental culture and protecting the ecosystem. We aim to reduce the impacts of our operations and activities, at both the Airport and Harbours to safeguard a sustainable local environment for future generations.
Our key aims are to:
- improve air quality
- protect water quality and natural resources
- reduce carbon emissions and energy use
- reduce noise
- reduce transport
- reduce waste
- safeguard biodiversity, landscape and built heritage
Employee health and wellbeing
Our people are a great asset and underpin everything we do in the business. We aim to provide them with a positive working environment and offer initiatives that enable wellness and encourage them to be healthy.