Christmas travel advice
From Jersey Airport
19th December 2023
Ports of Jersey is reminding departing air passengers to allow longer than usual for their journey through Jersey Airport in the coming days, as the Airport will be busy with Christmas travellers.
With a large number of busy flights from tomorrow (20 December), including charter flights to Madeira, passengers can expect some queuing and should therefore leave plenty of time to check in their hold luggage and clear security.
Any presents carried in hand luggage should not be wrapped.
As the car park is expected to be busy, motorists can also use the overflow car park, which is first on the left as you drive into the airport. It works in the same way as the long-stay car park. And for those fetching friends or family members, it is free to park in the long-stay car park for 30 minutes.
Passengers who need to book special assistance for their journey should contact their airline before travelling to the Airport. All passengers should check baggage rules with their airline and security regulations with any airports they will be using on their journey.
Information about the system at Jersey Airport, and how to prepare yourself for Security, is available online.
Christmas travel tips
- Get to the airport two hours before your flight.
- If parking at the airport, you can use the overflow car park if the long stay car park is busy
- The new security scanners allow passengers to carry up to 2 litres of liquid and you can leave liquids, laptops, tablets and other electronic devices in your hand baggage.
- If you are taking Christmas presents in your hand luggage please don’t wrap them as we may need to look at what’s inside.
- Christmas crackers need to go in hold luggage, please check with your airline as policies varies.
- Party poppers are prohibited in both hand and hold luggage.